The signal journey begins here
Comments, critics, questions, suggestions:
opopa at fcibroadband dot com
estuart at tiscali dot nl
To contact us:
This project is the result of a long distance cooperation between Edmond (a Dutch retired electronics engineer) and Ovidiu (a Canadian engineer). They met online on the www.diyaudio.com forum and soon both identified some sort of synergy that would enable a dream to become true.
The project scope was defined in the early 2007.
Key performance requirements include:
•· Class AB topology, 100W into 8 ohm and 200W into 4 ohm
• Bandwidth of minimum 20Hz to 20KHz +/-0.1dB
•· Under 1 ppm (80KHz bandwidth) THD (that is, 0.0001%)
at all frequencies between 20Hz and 20KHz and output
powers between 1W and 200W
• Under 1 ppm 19+20KHz CCIF IMD (that is, 0.0001%) at all
output powers between 1W and 200W
Ovidiu was looking for a front end for his already built HEC Output Power Stage (OPS) and this is where the journey began...
By their use of these digital images and texts users agree to follow these conditions of use:
• For purposes of research and teaching users may reproduce (print or download) in accordance with fair use materials without prior permission, on the condition they give proper credit of the collection owning repository
• Materials may not be used for any commercial purpose without prior written permission from the copyright owners
• Materials may not be re-published in print or electronic form without prior written permission from the copyright owners
• Materials may not be mounted on an additional server for public use, or for use by a set of subscribers without prior written permission from the copyright owners
We would like to extend a big "THANK YOU" to our families for supporting this work.
We would also like to acknowledge the role that www.diyaudio.com played in catalyzing the energies beyond this work.
The Ultimate Audio Amp
From Genesis to Revelation
Last updated: January 28th 2008